Cover

Cover

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Water Challenge

As many of you know I have been on a personal journey to health and wellness.  I have learned so much on this journey about activity and portion control and the way I think about food and eating in general. 

The other day I was watching a news story about a new supplement they were using to help individuals shed pounds.  They went on and on about this new supplement and how it might actually be assisting people in reaching their weight loss goals.  Finally, they named the supplement.....WATER. 

I have really increased my water intake ever since embarking on this journey to health but the medical professionals who conducted this recent study said they required the test group to drink two, 8oz glasses of water before eating and they lost on average 5lbs more than the group trying to lose weight without the water supplement. 

I have decided to give the water supplement a try.  I will drink two, 8oz glasses of water before my meals and snacks to see if it works for me.  The study suggested people felt less hungry when they actually sat down to eat and therefore ate fewer calories. 

I have often read people tend to mistake thirst for hunger so this is by far is not the first time that I have heard more water is good for maintaining a healthy body weight. 

How does water fit in to your nutrition plan? 

2 comments:

  1. Great Blog Chawn! I have my bottle of water in front of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to know. I have mine in front of me as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete